Monday, April 2, 2012

Those two pink lines are liars!

So, I decided to start a blog.  Original idea. I'm sure one million other new mommies have taken to this idea as well, but writing has always been therapeutic for me, so here I go.  Not to mention, I really think there is some important, if not embarrassing information to be shared to future mommies out there.  I wish I had known half of all the things that were going to happen to my body and mental well being!

Let me start off by saying that after nine and half (lesson one-it's really ten months long!) ridiculously LONG months, I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, baby girl named Reagan McKenna.  She is truly amazing and I really can't picture life without her now.  I am very, very lucky.  Reagan already has a wonderful disposition and I can already see her little personality shining through.  She is what everybody hopes for, "a good baby."  She was even good in the womb.  I had a relatively easy pregnancy and an amazing delivery.  But that didn't mean I wasn't shocked by what went down...

Here's what they fail to tell you.  And by "they" I mean all the pregnancy books, web sites, magazines, and doctors, except for Jenny McCarthy.  Her book on being pregnant was amazingly funny and honest. When you become pregnant, your first thought is usually not joy and euphoria.  At least it wasn't for me.  My initial reaction was a nervous laugh and a 5 minute long tirade how my baby was swimming in vodka sodas considering I had just come back from a weekend bachelorette party in wine country.  Oops.   Or the fact that I had ordered two spicy tuna crunch sushi rolls for lunch yesterday. Damn mercury!  Oops again.  Then the sheer terror when I realized that I live in a fourth floor walk up with neighbors who miraculously have not started a fire yet and who randomly ask me if they can "borrow my power" by sticking their electrical cords through my windows.  Shit.  After convincing myself and my boyfriend that two pink lines were most likely, "a crazy mistake," I forced myself into bed and my head proceeded to spin.  If only I had known just how crazy the next two months would be.  The first trimester.  Hell. On. Earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment