Monday, April 2, 2012

Second Trimester Tease

When the second trimester finally arrives, you are so happy it's finally here because you really do get a much needed break from all the craziness.  Your hormones are somewhat back on track, your energy level spikes back up to normal, and you don't really want to kill anyone at this point. It's a miracle! The worst is over and you are starting to embrace your little belly and even think it's kind of cute.  I remember loving the way my belly stuck out at around four months.  It really was kind of precious.  I hadn't gotten "all over fat" yet and I didn't even mind when random ladies in the neighborhood where I worked decided it was okay to touch and rub my baby bump while speaking to me in Spanish.  Touch away friends, I'm in a great mood! I finally felt like myself again and I didn't even get upset when I ripped my leggings on the way to work and had a huge gaping gash in the thigh.  It's okay, I'm pregnant, this stuff happens! I was starting to do all the fun stuff like build my baby registry, decide on names, and even help plan the baby shower.  When I found out it was a girl, I started to really get excited.  This was cake and all the torture was done for.  I mean I was petrified about labor and still had yet to throw up in public, but I braved the first trimester! What could be worse? Who knew heartburn, Tums, lightning bolt pains, and what felt like broken ribs would become my life very soon. For any future mommies out there, keep Tums at your bedside for late night doses.  It was so much easier for me to grab than trying to roll out of bed and getting stuck mid turn over...oh yes, it happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment