Monday, April 2, 2012

Nicky Monster

Beginning the first trimester was hard.  I wanted to cry all the time, partly from exhaustion, mostly from stress.  I realized I had to find a new place to live, deal with crazy hormones 24/7, and try to find away to put a million dollars in my savings account by the baby's due date.  I needed to be organized and prepared, and I was far from it.

I wasn't so terrible at first, at least I didn't think I was.  Taking into account that after baby daddy and I  had moved almost an hour away from our jobs and were now commuters, I thought I was behaving beautifully.  I was in the stage where nothing was fitting and my sexy bras were a thing of the past.  I had graduated to the bras I used to see hanging on my grandmother's clothing line.  The girls were out of control and I looked like I had indulged in one too many donuts at each meal.  Waking up at 4:30 am with nothing to wear will put anyone in a bad mood to start their extremely long day.  I honestly felt like I had been hit by a truck and I wanted to kill anyone in my path of destruction, which unfortunately enough for my sweet boyfriend, was him.  He was right in the line of fire.

I think I first knew I was the devil when John told me that he had changed my name in his phone to Nicky Monster.  Really?  Was I that bad? Was I that evil pregnant woman that everyone warns people about?  To this day I didn't think I was all that miserable.  I mean who would be able to handle nausea, heartburn, crying spells,  and pure exhaustion gracefully? Okay, so I did threaten his life when he drove over bumpy roads too fast and made sharp turns.  I was convinced he was doing it on purpose to make me suffer.  And yes, maybe once or twice, I did promise to run away with our baby if I wasn't allowed to be cranky whenever my heart desired.

John took the whole first trimester like a champ.  Hey, I even think I did a pretty good job even if no one else agrees.  We both came away unscathed from the battle, and for me that was a success.  If only I had known that the second trimester was like the eye of the storm, before the real fun started.

No comments:

Post a Comment